The ageing process can be accelerated by a combination of factors:
- Physiological- Reduction in collagen and elastin
- UV exposure
- Lifestyle factors such as smoking, poor diet, excess alcohol consumption, sleep and stress
Managing the ageing process
- Skin care - A customised skin care routine with active ingredients that will reduce and prevent the signs of ageing.
- SPF is essential in preventing sun damage and when teamed with an antioxidant such as vit C it will boost the performance and protection.
- Vitamin A – Retinol or tretinoin (prescription strength) will help target fine lines and wrinkles by increasing cell turnover and stimulating collagen production.
- Lifestyle measures- eating a healthy well balanced diet, smoking cessation, limiting alcohol intake and exercising daily will all help slow the ageing process.
A chemical peel is a form of controlled exfoliation which regenerates the skin by removing the aged, damaged outer layers of skin and stimulating the deeper layers of skin to regenerate. This process promotes the regrowth of healthier, smoother and more vibrant skin.
Superficial peels can be repeated every 2-5 weeks and have little to no down time.
Medium peels are best performed every 3-6 months and have a more exaggerated peeling response which requires several days of down time following the procedure.
Skinpen Microneedling creates thousands of microchannels which stimulate the body’s natural healing process leading to tissue remodeling, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while increasing skin thickness and improving texture.
As few as three treatments spaced 30 days apart can improve the health and vibrance of skin with results that last for six months or more.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
During PRP treatments, plasma rich in growth factors and platelets stimulates cell renewal and boosts collagen production. It is an excellent treatment to improve the appearance and tone of skin while also reducing pigmentation. These are often referred to as vampire facelifts.
Courses of 3 treatments are recommended with a top up treatment every 6-12 months
Anti wrinkle injections use a chemical, botulinum toxin, to reduce the tonal action of select muscles of the face. When done correctly, by an experienced provider, anti wrinkle injections help smooth lines and wrinkles without restricting facial expression. This results in the face seeming refreshed and more youthful.